Our Effective Therapy Options
When looking for addiction treatment for you or a loved one, the type of therapy pays a large roll in success.
What are Drug Abuse and Drug Addiction?
Advanced Health and Education’s drug rehab center in New Jersey is intended to help people stop compulsively or abusively using or seeking drugs.
Drug abuse is the patterned use of drugs in which abusers use drugs in an amount – and at a frequency – that may be harmful to themselves or to the people around them.
Drug addiction is a chronic – often relapsing – brain disease that causes obsessive drug seeking and consumption, regardless of the consequences suffered by the addict. Drug addiction is progressive in nature, meaning that it usually gets worse over time, not better.
You can learn more about the signs and symptoms of drug abuse and drug addiction here.
Why Seek Treatment in a Drug Rehab Center in NJ?
Some people who abuse or who are addicted to drugs successfully stop using on their own for short periods of time. However, they often relapse and return to using drugs. Even people who have received some rehabilitation treatment for drug addiction can relapse and return to using.
However, at Advanced Health and Education’s New Jersey drug rehab center in NJ, we combine:
- The right treatment methods
- The right types of support
- A loving and caring environment
This combination of resources gives clients the opportunity to build the foundation they will need to achieve long-term addiction recovery.
What are Principles of Effective Drug Rehab?
Attending a drug rehab center – by itself – rarely results in achieving long-term addiction recovery. Making that first call and walking through the front door are important steps on the road to recovery. However, there are many components to stopping drugs, avoiding relapse, achieving long-term addiction recovery, and building a healthy life.
Here are some of the rehab treatment principles that can help make your time at a drug rehab center successful:
- No single approach to rehabilitation is appropriate for each and every person. There is no effective ‘one size fits all’ approach.
- Effective rehabilitation is not just about drug use; the individual’s many other treatment needs must also be considered.
- Remaining in attendance for the recommended period of time is important to long-term addiction recovery success.
- Combinations of continuing therapies (including individual or group drug counseling and other behavioral therapies) must be available.
- Continued individual rehabilitation aftercare should be considered where appropriate.
- For many people, medication can be an important part of rehabilitation. Many drug users also have other disorders that need treatment if long-term recovery is to be achieved.
- To be effective, rehabilitation needs to be readily available to those with even a slight interest in getting help. Success does not always have to start out with complete willingness.
- Effective rehabilitation programs must be able to assess patients for other health concerns, like HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B and C, tuberculosis, and other infectious diseases.
What are Effective Approaches to Rehabilitation in a Drug Rehab Center?
There are many drug rehabilitation methods. However, anyone committed to long-term addiction recovery should consider a combination of treatment types.
- Depending on the level of drug addiction, a person seeking rehabilitation may need to take steps to help withdraw from drugs, which is called a detoxification. Learn more about detox here.
- Drug rehabilitation programs typically include therapy sessions that focus on how to recover and prevent relapse.
- Behavior therapies can provide an individual with effective means to deal with drug cravings, provide strategies to avoid relapse, and teach how to cope with relapse if it should occur.
- During and after drug addiction treatment, many patients find community support by attending one of the self-help type groups modeled around the 12-Step program first developed by Alcoholics Anonymous®. You can find out more here.
Factors Influencing Treatment in a Drug Rehab Center
The treatment program team at Advanced Health and Education rehab center in NJ looks at any factors that may influence a client’s drug addiction treatment, including:
- Type of addiction
- Duration of addiction
- Physical health
- Family status
- Other mental illness
- Personal/professional commitments
These are just some of the factors that must be considered in planning the most effective drug rehab program for you. At our New Jersey drug rehab center, our accredited treatment professionals are equipped to handle a wide variety of substance abuse issues.
Other Disorders Influencing Drug Addiction
Many people suffering from drug abuse and drug addiction also have separate and distinct mental health issues. These issues can include:
- Bi-polar disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Advanced Health and Education’s rehab treatment center in NJ coordinates with Psychiatrists and Psychologists to thoroughly evaluate client mental health issues, allowing us to make sure that client’s receive comprehensive treatment in our drug rehab center in NJ. These combined services are designed to help our patients restore peace to their lives, work towards a full recovery, and live free from drug addiction.
Aftercare Following Drug Rehab
After you complete drug addiction treatment at our drug rehab center in NJ, we will carefully coordinate aftercare for you with our extensive network of addiction specialists across the United States. We will identify an appropriate aftercare program in your area and work with you to develop and implement strategies to prevent relapse into active drug addiction.
Ongoing Monitoring Following Drug Rehab in NJ
Outcome studies reveal that clients who participate in ongoing monitoring programs after detox and rehab treatments have the greatest chance of maintaining abstinence from drugs. These services may be mandatory for certain professionals (including healthcare workers, pilots, transportation workers, and others).
Ongoing monitoring after completing rehabilitation treatment in our drug rehab center in NJ provides an added incentive and a much-needed boost in relapse prevention. We believe that these services should be incorporated into an aftercare plan for our clients who are serious about addiction recovery. We offer these services through our Alumni Association and case managers with whom we have relationships.
Call Us for Drug Rehabilitation Treatment and Addiction Help
Please call our drug rehab center in New Jersey today for a free consultation to find out what therapy programs may be available for you or your loved one. Call our rehab center in NJ 24 hours a day at 877-385-6358, or contact us here.
One call may be all it takes to make a brighter tomorrow.
* These fields are required.
Advanced Health & Education
Advanced Health and Education can help anyone recover from addiction or substance abuse. We offer customized treatment and a balanced application of support and accountability that will help you end your addiction.