Our Effective Therapy Options
When looking for addiction treatment for you or a loved one, the type of therapy pays a large roll in success.Call (844) 302-8605
What are Alcohol Abuse and Alcohol Addiction?
Advanced Health and Education’s New Jersey rehab center coordinates alcohol detox and offers rehab treatment programs to overcome alcohol withdrawal and alcoholism.
Alcohol abuse is defined as a pattern of drinking alcohol in an amount – and at a frequency – that is harmful to the drinker and/or to the people around the drinker.
Alcohol addiction is defined as a chronic – often relapsing – brain disease that causes obsessive alcohol seeking and consumption, regardless of the consequences. Alcohol addiction is progressive in nature; it usually gets worse over time, not better.
Why Seek Treatment in an Alcohol Rehab in NJ?
Some people who abuse alcohol or who are addicted to alcohol manage to stop drinking on their own for periods of time. However, they often relapse and return to drinking. Even after attending an alcohol rehab, some people relapse and return to drinking.
However, by providing the right combination of alcohol rehab treatment methods, support, and accountability, Advanced Health’s rehab center in NJ is in a unique position to provide addiction help for our clients to get sober and build the foundation they will need to achieve long-term sobriety.
What are Principles of an Effective Alcohol Rehab?
Attending Advanced Health and Education’s alcohol rehab in NJ – by itself – rarely results in long-term sobriety. Calling us and walking through the front door are important steps on the road to recovery. However, there are many components to stopping drinking, avoiding relapse, achieving long-term sobriety, and building a healthy life.
Here are some of the principles that can help make alcohol rehab in our New Jersey center successful:
- There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to rehabilitation that works for each and every person.
- Attendance for the entire course of treatment is important to long-term success.
- Combinations of therapies must be available (e.g., individual counseling, group counseling, family therapy, and motivational interviewing).
- Aftercare should be considered where appropriate.
- Effective treatment at an alcohol rehab in NJ is not just about alcohol use; a client’s many other needs must also be considered.
- Medication can be an important part of rehabilitation. Many alcoholics also have other disorders that require treatment if long-term sobriety is to be achieved.
- Rehabilitation needs to be available to clients with even a slight interest in getting help. Long-term recovery success does not always start out with complete willingness.
- Effective programs must be able to assess all of a patient’s health concerns (e.g., HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B and C, tuberculosis, and other infectious diseases).
What are Effective Approaches to Alcohol Rehab?
There are many possible methods of treatment at Advanced Health and Education’s alcohol rehab in NJ. However, anyone committed to long-term sobriety should consider a combination of therapies.
- A person seeking alcohol rehab may need help with the withdrawal symptoms that come with quitting alcohol. This is called alcohol “detoxification.” Alcohol detox withdrawal symptoms can be deadly. Learn more about detox here.
- Programs offering alcohol rehab in typically include therapy sessions that focus on how to get sober, how to prevent relapse, and how to cope with relapse if it should happen.
- Alcohol rehab in NJ should also include therapy focusing on the many other issues that plague people suffering from alcoholism (e.g., family issues, work issues, etc.).
- During and after alcohol rehab in NJ, many patients find community support by attending one of the self-help type groups modeled around the 12-Step program first developed by Alcoholics Anonymous®. You can find out more here.
Factors Influencing Alcohol Rehab
The treatment program team at Advanced Health and Education’s New Jersey rehab center looks at any factors that may influence a client’s rehabilitation treatment, including:
- Type of addiction
- Duration of addiction
- Physical health
- Family status
- Other mental illness
- Personal/professional commitments
These are just some of the factors that must be considered in planning the most effective alcohol rehab program for you. At our alcohol rehab in NJ, our accredited treatment professionals are equipped to handle your alcohol problem and a wide variety of related issues.
Other Disorders Influencing Alcohol Rehab
Many people suffering from alcoholism also have separate and distinct mental health issues. These issues can include:
- Bi-polar disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Advanced Health and Education rehab center in New Jersey coordinates with Psychiatrists and Psychologists to thoroughly evaluate mental health issues, allowing us to make sure that client’s receive the most comprehensive and effective alcohol rehab in NJ.
Aftercare Following Alcohol Rehab in NJ
After a client completes alcohol rehab at our New Jersey treatment center, we carefully coordinate aftercare with our network of addiction specialists across the United States. We identify appropriate aftercare programs in your area and work with you to develop strategies to prevent relapse into active alcohol addiction.
Ongoing Monitoring Following Alcohol Rehab in NJ
Outcome studies reveal that participation in ongoing monitoring programs after rehabilitation treatment gives the greatest chance of maintaining abstinence. These services are sometimes mandatory for certain professions (like, healthcare workers, pilots, transportation workers, and others).
Ongoing monitoring provides an added incentive and a much-needed boost in relapse prevention after completing alcohol rehab at our New Jersey treatment center. We believe that these services should be considered by any clients who are serious about addiction recovery. We offer these services through our Alumni Association and case managers with whom we have relationships.
Call Us for Alcohol Rehabilitation Treatment and Addiction Help
Please call our alcohol rehab center in New Jersey today for a free consultation to find out what therapy programs may be available for you or your loved one. Call our rehab center in NJ 24 hours a day at 877-385-6358, or contact us here.
One call may be all it takes to make a brighter tomorrow.
Advanced Health & Education
3 Corbett Way Eatontown, NJ 07724Call today
Get a free assessment today.
AH&E was a wonderful and fulfilling experience, I found receiving recovery treatment to be thorough and extremely helpful towards a future in sobriety.Daniel M.
I consider myself lucky to have had an experience like I had at AHE.Kevin H.
Such a great program! Have nothing but positive things to say about my experience and would recommend it to anyone who wants to help themselves or a loved one.Becky F.
AHE has had a profound effect upon my life. I have a great deal of gratitude for all you have done for me.Mindy S.